What is the Kailos test?
Many diseases are linked to the genes you have. More than 150 medicines could work differently for you if you have certain genes. The Kailos test is a safe, effective, and hassle-free test to help you and your doctor know which types of genes are in your body, so you can take better control of your health.
- You could discover that you have a higher risk for a certain disease and take precautions that could lower your risk
- You could learn that a certain medicine could cause a dangerous side effect because of your genes, and have your doctor switch you to another medicine
- If you’re planning to have children, you could learn whether you and your partner have a higher risk for passing on a genetic condition to your baby
To learn how the Kailos test could help you, choose from the following:
Why is the Kailos test different?
The Kailos test was created with a mission: to make it easy and affordable for anyone to learn what’s in their genes. Taking the test is simple—you rub a small cotton swab on the inside of your cheek. That’s it.
- You don’t have to go to a doctor’s office to take your Kailos test. You can do the cheek swab anywhere—in your home, in your car, even at a friend’s house.
- There are no needles. At all! You won’t need to give a blood sample to get your Kailos results.
- You don’t need to spit into a vial, either, which can be hard for people who don’t produce a lot of saliva.
Also, the Kailos test is highly accurate. How do we know? Many gene tests take shortcuts to get you your results. For example, 95% of one genetic disease occurs in Caucasians. If you’re Asian, other tests may not look for that disease in your genes—even though you still have a small risk. Kailos looks carefully at your genes, no matter what your race, ethnicity or background. You can be safe in the knowledge that your Kailos test results are accurate.
How do you take the Kailos test?
When you order your Kailos test, your test kit comes with everything you need to get your results. Getting your results is safe and easy:
- You rub the cotton swab on the inside of your cheek
- You place the swab in a bag that comes with your Kailos test
- You put the bag in the included envelope and mail it back to us—postage is free!
- We get your swab and carefully look at your genes with our advanced technology
- In 10 - 14 business days, your results are sent to you and your doctor through a private, secure website. You can also ask us to mail your Kailos results
You can order your Kailos test online, at any time—visit our test catalog page to see which tests are available and choose the one that’s right for you. Help is available if you need it. Just call 1-866-833-6865 toll-free to speak with a Kailos test consultant.