Molecular Clinical Supervisor
Kailos Genetics, a clinical laboratory located within the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology (Huntsville, AL), is searching for a full-time molecular biology supervisor. The successful candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of biology, molecular biology or clinical laboratory science. The position requires the candidate to possess very good technical skills for the laboratory, with demonstrated abilities to manage time, very good verbal/written communication skills, and the ability to analyze qualitative and numerical data. When hired, the new supervisor will undergo thorough training to perform clinical laboratory analyses with a concentration on using molecular biology and specifically, next generation sequencing applied to a broad area of molecular diagnostic tests. This position is full-time, some nights and weekends required, salaried and offers competitive benefits, including healthcare insurance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing day-to-day supervision of high complexity test performance by the team of Molecular Clinical Technologists.
- Provide leadership in the clinical laboratory resulting in o test results being produced in a timely and accurate way.
- To understand and apply general and specific quality control procedures for the clinical laboratory.
- The experience or the willingness to be trained toward laboratory trouble-shooting leading to the verification and validation of laboratory procedures and development of new policies.
- Aides in the development of the laboratory’s quality control policies, documentation of quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations.
- To understand and perform routine and specialized maintenance of laboratory equipment: reagent and material quality control.
- Performance of administrative duties directed at proficiency testing, quality assurance and the good practice of laboratory medicine.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum education and/or experience
- Master's degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year training and experience in high-complexity testing [preferred] or Bachelor's Degree in clinical laboratory science, chemistry, biochemistry, biology or other biological science with at least 1 year training in high complexity testing.
- Motivated with excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with laboratories SOPs and regulatory standards.
- Previous Clinical Lab experience in high-complexity laboratory testing -Knowledge of CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Certifications from ASCP: MT, CLT, or MB.