Molecular Clinical Technologist
Kailos Genetics, a clinical laboratory located within the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology (Huntsville, AL), is searching for a full-time molecular biology technician. The successful candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of biology, molecular biology or clinical laboratory science. The position requires the candidate to possess very good technical skills for the laboratory, with demonstrated abilities to manage time, very good verbal/written communication skills, and the ability to analyze qualitative and numerical data. When hired, the new lab technician will undergo thorough training to perform clinical laboratory analyses with a concentration on using molecular biology and specifically, next generation sequencing applied to a broad area of molecular diagnostic tests. This position is full-time, some nights and weekends required, salaried and offers competitive benefits, including healthcare insurance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clinical laboratory test results in a timely and accurate way.
- To respect and perform on human samples the processes for test requisitioning, sample process for DNA testing, the expert performance of various laboratory operations including DNA sequencing and the subsequent analysis and recording of test results using conventional and internet based laboratory information systems.
- To understand and apply general and specific quality control procedures for the clinical laboratory.
- The experience or the willingness to be trained toward laboratory trouble-shooting leading to the verification and validation of laboratory procedures and development of new policies.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, documenting all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations.
- To understand and perform routine and specialized maintenance of laboratory equipment: reagent and material quality control, and a willingness to perform administrative duties directed at proficiency testing, quality assurance and the good practice of laboratory medicine.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science, chemistry, biochemistry, biology or other biological science.
- Motivated with excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to set goals and judge results in accordance with laboratories SOPs and regulatory standards
- Previous Clinical Lab experience.
- Knowledge of CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Certifications from ASCP: MT, CLT, or MB.