Limited time pricing for full panel gives consumers greater access to affordable genetic testing so they can make more informed decisions about their health
Huntsville, ALABAMA – October 14, 2015 – Kailos Genetics, a personalized medicine information company offering leading-edge gene-based testing, today announced the release of PGxComplete, a comprehensive, full panel, gene-based test offered at $99 through November 30, 2015 – a test that traditionally sells for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. By further reducing their already low cost full panel test, Kailos is able to give consumers greater access to affordable genetic testing, ultimately giving them the power to make more informed decisions about their health.
The full panel tests 20 different classes of medications to reveal how one’s body responds to more than 50 types of medications, including antidepressants, opioids, HIV/AIDS treatment and cancer therapy. By understanding how one’s body metabolizes these medicines, each person can take greater control over their own health – helping to avoid overdose, select the most effective medications and receive the desired results from treatment.
“It’s our goal to give people the ability to understand how medicine will work for them before it is prescribed,” said Troy Moore, chief scientific officer of Kailos Genetics. “With full panel testing, people are able to see how they respond to a variety of medications catered to their lifestyle and needs. Whether someone is preparing for surgery, recovering from a heart attack or managing their cancer treatment, we want them to have the information necessary to make informed treatment decisions.”
PGxComplete gives people the tools needed to work with their physician to select the right medication and dosage combination based on their DNA. This helps ensure that they are getting the desired effects of treatment. A list of medicines tested through PGxComplete includes:
- Antiarrythmics: Digoxin, Flecainide and Propafenone
- Anticoagulants: Warfarin
- Antidepressants: Tri-cyclics, SSRIs and SNRIs
- Antidiabetics: Repaglinide
- Antiepileptics: Mephenytoin, Pheytoin and Valproic Acid
- Antihypertensives: Losartan and Metoprolol
- Chemotherapeutics: Capecitabine, Cisplatin, Cyclophosphamide, Fluorouracil, Methotrexate, Paclitaxel and Tamoxifen
- Corticosteroids: Prednisone
- HIV/AIDS Treatments: Efavirenz, Nelfinavir and NEvirapine
- Immunosuppressants: Cyclosporine, Mercaptourine, Sirolimus and Tacrolimus
- Muscle Relaxants: Carisoprodol and Diazapam
- NSAIDs, Celecoxib and Diclofenac
- Opioids: Buprenorphine, Codeine, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone and Tramadol
- Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors: Clopidogrel
- Proton Pump Inhibitors: Lansoprazole, Omeprazole and Pantoprazole
- Statins: Atorvastatin, Pravastain, Rosuvastatin and Simvastatin
- Thrombophilia: Risk factor for blood clot development
Kailos Genetics developed the PGxComplete test using advanced technology that harnesses DNA sequencing and enables a more holistic view of a person’s gene-based medical information. Kailos’ mission is to help consumers, their families and their physicians to make informed decisions about their health at a fraction of the cost and without a complex collection process. As a part of this mission, all genetic tests are currently discounted for a limited time to increase accessibility and affordability for consumers.
Learn more about PGxComplete by visiting https://www.kailosgenetics.com/pgxcomplete.
Kailos Genetics is a trusted provider of personalized health information. Addressing unmet needs of healthcare consumers and their families is Kailos’ primary reason for being. With its proprietary and robust DNA sequencing enrichment and laboratory information system, TargetRichTM, Kailos helps make personalized medicine affordable and accessible for everyone through the Kailos test. Founded in 2010, and based in Huntsville’s HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology, Kailos is committed to providing a simple, trusted and affordable way to help individuals understand what’s in their genes. To learn more, visit www.kailosgenetics.com/about-kailos.